Installing Sharepoint 2013 on windows server 2012

12:49 PM

I setup another VMWare virtual machine for the SharePoint 2013 server. I plan to configure it as below. SharePoint 2013 Server
  • Windows Server 2012
  • SharePoint Server 2013
  • Memory: 8GB RAM <--- I am tempted to increase this to at least 12GB when running search!
  • CPU: 4
  • Drive: 1x80GB
  • IP Address: 192.168.67.13
  • Domain: contoso.com
  • Name: server2012sp
  • Target Drive: 2
Make sure that you select VMnet8 (NAT) for the Custom: Specific virtual network in Network connection in the Virtual Machine Settings. Make sure that you select “2012 Standard” and not “2012 Datacenter”. image image Also, change the server name (server2012sp), domain (Contoso), and IP address (192.168.67.13) after installing the operating system. Note: I had a problem once with the server connecting to the domain controller. So I added the following entries to the hosts file in the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc directory. I first had to give the Admin user account Full control access to the hosts file. 192.168.67.11 server2012dc
192.168.67.12 server2012sql I install the Windows 2012 operating system just as with the other two servers. I add the sp_install and sp_farm user accounts to the Administrators group on this server. I click on Tools \ Computer Management. image The Computer Management windows opens. I click on Local Users and Groups. clip_image003 I double-click on Groups and the list of group accounts is displayed. clip_image005 I double-click on the Administrators entry and the Administrators Properties screen opens. clip_image006 I click on Add… and the Select Users, Computers, Service Accounts, or Groups screen displays. I enter the sp_install user account name and click Check Names. clip_image007 The Windows Security screen appears. I enter the Administrator credentials and click OK to continue. clip_image008 The Select Users … screen returns. I click OK to continue. clip_image009 The Administrators Properties screen is updated. I click OK to close the screen. clip_image010 IMPORTANT! Repeat the process for the contoso\sp_farm user account! I close the Computer Management screen. I want to logon as the sp_install user. I click on Local Server. clip_image011 I click on Tasks and select Shut Down Local Server. clip_image012 I select Switch User on the What do you want the computer to do? drop down list and click OK to continue. clip_image013 The server restarts. I click Other user. clip_image014 I enter the credentials for sp_install and click the arrow. clip_image015 I am now logged in with the sp_install user account and have Administrator rights. I also have the appropriate rights on the SQL Server with this account.
Install Prerequisites
I click on VM \ Settings on the VMWare toolbar. clip_image016 The Virtual Machine Settings screen appears. clip_image017 I click on Add… and the Add Hardware Wizard screen appears. I click on CD\DVD Drive and click Next. clip_image018 I select Use ISO image and click Next. clip_image019 I browse to the ISO image (en_sharepoint_server_2013_x64_dvd_1121447.iso) that I have for SharePoint Server 2013. I click Finish to continue. clip_image020 I click OK to close the Virtual Machine Settings screen. A message appears in the top right corner of the screen. clip_image021 I tap on the message and another message appears. clip_image022 I click on Open folder to view files. The Explorer window opens. clip_image024 I scroll down and find prerequisiteinstaller and double-click on it. I click Yes on the User Account Control screen. clip_image025 The Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Products Preparation Tool screen appears. I click Next to continue. clip_image027 The License Terms for software products screen appears. I click on the I accept terms … and click Next. clip_image029 The installation begins. clip_image031 A restart message appears in the screen when the process completes. I click Finish to continue. Note: I did have a major problem at this stage once. I had no connection to the DNS server from this server. I disabled the network adapter, added a new network adapter in VM Tools, and configured it. I then deleted the old network adapter in VM Tools. The new network adapter had the same configuration as the old one. It connected to the DNS server and displayed an Internet connection. clip_image033 Windows Server restarts. clip_image034 Windows is configuring features. clip_image035 I login to the server clip_image036 A User Account Control screen is displayed. I click Yes to continue. clip_image037 The Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Products Preparation Tool screen is displayed. clip_image038 I wait for the prerequisites to be installed. Another restart message is displayed. I note that all tasks are completed successfully. I click Finish to continue. clip_image039 Another restart and login. A User Account Control screen is displayed. I click Yes to continue. clip_image040 The Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Products Preparation Tool screen is displayed. clip_image041 The process runs quickly and is soon replaced by the Installation Complete screen. I click Finish to continue. I see that I have two additional roles displayed in the Dashboard: App Server and IIS. clip_image043 clip_image044
Install SharePoint 2013
I click on the explorer icon on the task bar, expand Computer \ DVD Drive (E:) and find the setup file. clip_image046 I double-click on the setup file to start the installation process. A SharePoint 2013 screen is displayed. clip_image047 It is soon replaced with a larger screen that includes a menu. clip_image048 I click on Install SharePoint Server and a User Account Control screen is displayed. I click Yes to continue. clip_image049 The Enter your Product Key screen is displayed. I enter the product key and click Continue. clip_image050 The Read the Microsoft Software License Terms screen is displayed. I click on I accept the terms of this agreement and click Continue to continue. clip_image051 The Server Type screen appears. I keep Complete selected and click Install Now. clip_image052 The Installation Progress screen appears. clip_image053 Installation nears completion. clip_image054 Installation completes. The Run Configuration Wizard screen appears. I uncheck the Run the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard and click Close. clip_image055 I click Exit on the SharePoint 2013 screen to close it.
Creating Content Databases without GUIDs in the Name
Click on the Windows button on your keyboard. Right-click on the SharePoint 2013 Management Shell on the Start workspace clip_image056 Click on Run as administrator. Note: I read about the Run as administrator requirement here: http://tomresing.com/blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=57 Click on Yes in the User Account Control window. clip_image057 The SharePoint Management Shell window opens in the workspace. image ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: I did run into an error on this step once. The Powershell script could not connect to the SQL server. image I tried pinging the server2012sql SQL server from a command prompt without success. So I added the following entries to the hosts file in the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc directory.. 192.168.67.11    server2012dc
192.168.67.12    server2012sql I had to give Full Control permission to the sp_install user account to the hosts file before I was able to edit and save changes. Pinging will not work because of the firewall; but at least the IP address was available. So I tried running the script again. This time it worked! I also changed the hosts file at the beginning of this blog entry for a different reason. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Copy and paste the following text into the SharePoint Management Shell window. Check that the spaces appear correctly! I sometimes paste it into Notepad on the VM first. New-SPConfigurationDatabase –DatabaseName SharePoint_Config -DatabaseServer server2012sql –AdministrationContentDatabaseName SharePoint_Admin_Content clip_image061 Press the Enter key on the keyboard. The Shell screen refreshed and requests credentials. clip_image063 A Credentials screen appears. I enter the sp_farm credentials. I click OK to continue. clip_image064 I’m still being asked to supply a passphrase for FarmCredentials. I enter the credentials passphrase and hit Enter on the keyboard. clip_image066 I wait for something to happen … but I am impatient. I go to the server2012sql server and run the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. I expand the Object Explorer to see the Databases. I see that the databases are created! clip_image067 I return to the server2012sp server and see that the prompt has returned in the Shell window. clip_image069 The process has completed successfully! I close the Shell window.
Run Configuration Wizard
I click on the Windows key on the keyboard and then click on the SharePoint 2013 Products Configuration Wizard icon on the Start screen. clip_image070 The User Account Control window appears. I click Yes to continue. clip_image071 The SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard screen appears. I click Next to continue. clip_image072 A prompt appears warning me about services being started or reset. I click Yes to continue. clip_image073 The Modify server farm Settings screen appears. I review and accept the settings. I click Next to continue. clip_image074 The Configure SharePoint Central Administration Web Application screen opens. I review and accept the settings. I record the port number 11747. I click Next to continue. clip_image076 The Completing the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard screen opens. I review and accept the settings. I click Next to continue. clip_image077 The SharePoint product is configuring … clip_image078 The Configuration Successful screen is displayed. I click Finish to close the screen. clip_image079
Welcome Wizard
The Central Administration page begins to load. A Windows Security prompt appears. I login with the sp_install credentials. I leave Remember my credentials unchecked and click OK. clip_image080 The web page continues to load. The Help Make SharePoint Better screen appears. I click No and OK to continue. clip_image082 The Welcome page is displayed. I click Cancel. I can always restart the Welcome Wizard from the Central Administration screen later. The Central Administration webpage is displayed. clip_image084
Creating Service Apps with PowerShell Scripts
I am going to run some PowerShell scripts to create the State Service Application and the Usage and Health Data Collection application. These came from a presentation that Todd Klindt made at the SharePoint Technical Conference in San Francisco. Click on the Windows button on your keyboard. Right-click on the SharePoint 2013 Management Shell on the Start workspace clip_image056[1] Click on Run as administrator. Click on Yes in the User Account Control window. clip_image057[1] The SharePoint Management Shell window opens in the workspace. clip_image059[1] Copy and paste the following text into the SharePoint 2013 Management Shell window. Make sure to remove any empty lines. New-SPStateServiceApplication -Name "State Service Application" Get-SPStateServiceApplication| New-SPStateServiceApplicationProxy -defaultproxygroup Get-SPStateServiceApplication| New-SPStateServiceDatabase -Name "State_Service_DB" Get-spdatabase| where-object {$_.type -eq"Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.StateDatabase"} | initialize-spstateservicedatabase New-SPUsageApplication -Name "Usage and Health Data Collection" $proxy = Get-SPServiceApplicationProxy| where {$_.TypeName-eq"Usage and Health Data Collection Proxy"} $proxy.Provision() You may have to click Enter on the keyboard to get the last command to run, too. It runs successfully as seen below. image You can validate that the applications are created by opening the Central Administration web page and clicking on Manage service applications in the Application Management section. You should see the new service applications listed by name. clip_image086 The accounts that I use for the Search service (SP_Search), the Search Admin Web Service application pool (SP_Crawl), and the Search Query and Site Settings Web Service application pool (SP_Search) must be registered as managed accounts in SharePoint Server 2013 so that they are available when I create the Search service application. I used the procedure defined at this site (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg502597.aspx) to register each of these accounts as a managed account. I see the Managed Accounts screen displayed as below when completed. image Next, I will create the Search Service Application and topology. RHR (2012/04/25): I tried running a PowerShell script to do so that I downloaded the PowerShell script from http://melcher.it/2012/07/sharepoint-2013-create-a-search-service-application-and-topology-with-powershell/. I modified the applicable parameters. It worked once for me; but I have since received errors every time that I run it. I read a blog posting here that suggested installing Windows Updates. So I did so. But it still failed to run. So I decided to install using Central Administration. I click on New \ Search Service Application in Manage Service Applications. image The Create New Search Service Application screen appears. I update the Service Application name and validate that the contoso\sp_crawl user account is selected. image I scroll down and select Create new application pool and enter the Application pool name as seen below. image I select Configurable for the security account and select contoso\sp_crawl. I then selecting using an existing application pool and select the Search App Pool. image I select Configurable for the security account for the application pool and select contoso\sp_crawl. image I click OK to continue. The Create New Search Service Application screen appears. image Upon completion, a message appears stating “created successfully. image I validate a few items to ensure the actions completed successfully. I open the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio application on server2012sql and expand the Object Explorer to see the Databases. I see four Search databases created. Sadly, they do not have the nice, clean names like I would be able to create if the PowerShell scripts worked. image I open Central Administration on the server2012sp server and click on Application Management. I then click on Manage Service Applications. I can see the Search Administration Web Service for Search SA and the Search SA service applications. image I open Central Administration on the server2012sp server and click on General Application Settings. I then click on Farm Search Administration. clip_image094 I can see that the Search Service App service application is created. image I click on Search Service App to review the Administrative status. I see that it is not able to connect. image I scroll down and review the Search Application Topology and the list of databases. These match what I saw listed on the SQL Server. image I click on Central Administration \ Manage services on server. image I scroll down to see that all of the Search services are started. image Next I want configure crawling. I click on Content Sources on the left navigation. clip_image103 The Search SA: Manage Content Sources screen appears. image I click on Local SharePoint sites and click on Edit in the drop down list. image The Edit Content Source screen appears. I enter http://server2012sp in the Type start addresses below field. clip_image109 I click Create Schedule under Incremental Crawl. clip_image110 I configure the schedule in the Manage Schedules screen as seen below. I click OK to continue. clip_image112 I click Create Schedule under Full Crawl. I configure the schedule in the Manage Schedules screen as seen below. I click OK to continue. clip_image114 The Crawl Schedules appear as seen below. I click OK to close the Edit Content Source screen. clip_image116 I click on Local SharePoint sites and Start Full Crawl on the drop down list. image A Message from webpage appears. I click OK to accept and continue. clip_image119 The crawling starts. clip_image120 I refresh the screen by clicking on Refresh and see that the crawling process is still crawling. I can also see when the next full crawl is scheduled to run. I also have options to stop or pause all crawls. clip_image122 I refresh the screen by clicking on Refresh and see that the crawling process is completing. clip_image124 I refresh the screen by clicking on Refresh and see that the crawling process is idle. clip_image126 I click on Crawl Log on the left side navigation and I can see the last crawl log entry. Note that there is a 1 under Successes. I conclude that my first full crawl was completed successfully. image
Creating New Web Application with PowerShell Script
I am going to run a PowerShell script to create a new web application. The script came from the following site: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rcormier/archive/2012/09/01/how-to-create-sharepoint-web-applications-with-powershell.aspx. The accounts (contoso\sp_webapp, contoso\sp_superreader, and contoso\sp_superuser) that I use for the web application must be registered as managed accounts in SharePoint Server 2013 so that they are available when I create the application. I used the procedure defined at this site (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg502597.aspx) to register each of these accounts as a managed account. I see the Managed Accounts screen displayed as below when completed. clip_image130 Run the SharePoint 2013 Management Shell as administrator. Copy and paste the following text into a Notepad file on the server2012sp server. I modified the Script Variables for my SharePoint configuration.
   1:  $ver = $host | select version if ($ver.Version.Major -gt 1) {$Host.Runspace.ThreadOptions = "ReuseThread"} 
   2:  Add-PsSnapin Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
   3:  Import-Module WebAdministration -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
   4:  ##
   5:  #This Script Creates SharePoint Web Applications
   6:  ##
   7:  ##
   8:  #Load Script Variables
   9:  ##
  10:  Write-Progress -Activity "Creating Web Application" -Status "Creating Script Variables"
  11:  #This is the Web Application URL
  12:  $WebApplicationURL = "http://server2012sp"
  13:  #This is the Display Name for the SharePoint Web Application
  14:  $WebApplicationName = "Contoso Web Application"
  15:  #This is the Content Database for the Web Application
  16:  $ContentDatabase = "Contoso_ContentDB"
  17:  #This is the Display Name for the Application Pool
  18:  $ApplicationPoolDisplayName = "Contoso App Pool"
  19:  #This is identity of the Application Pool which will be used (Domain\User)
  20:  $ApplicationPoolIdentity = "contoso\sp_webapp"
  21:  #This is the password of the Application Pool account which will be used
  22:  $ApplicationPoolPassword = "pass@word1"
  23:  #This is the Account which will be used for the Portal Super Reader Account
  24:  $PortalSuperReader = "contoso\sp_superreader"
  25:  #This is the Account which will be used for the Portal Super User Account
  26:  $PortalSuperUser = "contoso\sp_superuser"
  27:  ##
  28:  #Begin Script
  29:  ##
  30:  $AppPoolStatus = $False
  31:  Write-Progress -Activity "Creating Web Application" -Status "Checking if Web Application Already Exists"
  32:  if(get-spwebapplication $WebApplicationURL -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue)
  33:  {
  34:  #If a web application with the specifid URL already exists, exit
  35:  Write-Progress -Activity "Aborting Web Application Creation" -Status "Web Application with URL $WebApplication Already Exists"
  36:  Write-Host "Aborting: Web Application $WebApplicationURL Already Exists" -ForegroundColor Red
  37:  sleep 5
  38:  }
  39:  else
  40:  {
  41:  Write-Progress -Activity "Creating Web Application" -Status "Checking if Application Pool Already Exists"
  42:  #Check to see if the specified application pool alrady exists. If it exists, use the existing app pool
  43:  if($AppPool = Get-SPServiceApplicationPool $ApplicationPoolDisplayName -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue)
  44:  {
  45:  Write-Progress -Activity "Creating Web Application" -Status "Re-Using Existing SharePoint Application Pool"
  46:  Set-Variable -Name AppPoolStatus -Value "IsSharePoint" -scope "script"
  47:  }
  48:  else
  49:  {
  50:  if((Test-Path IIS:\AppPools\$ApplicationPoolDisplayName).tostring() -eq "True")
  51:  {
  52:  Write-Progress -Activity "Creating Web Application" -Status "Application Pool with name $ApplicationPoolDisplayName exists and is not used by SharePoint"
  53:  Set-Variable -Name AppPoolStatus -Value "IsNotSharePoint" -scope "script"
  54:  }
  55:  }
  56:  if($AppPoolStatus -eq "IsNotSharePoint")
  57:  {
  58:  Write-Host "Aborting: Application Pool $ApplicationPoolDisplayName already exists on the server and is not a SharePoint Application Pool" -ForegroundColor Red
  59:  Write-Progress -Activity "Creating Web Application" -Status "Aborting: SharePoint Cannot use the specified Application Pool"
  60:  }
  61:  elseif($AppPoolStatus -eq "IsSharePoint")
  62:  {
  63:  #Check to see if the URL starts with HTTP or HTTPS. This can be used to determine the appropriate host header to assign
  64:  if($WebApplicationURL.StartsWith("http://"))
  65:  {
  66:  $HostHeader = $WebApplicationURL.Substring(7)
  67:  $HTTPPort = "80"
  68:  }
  69:  elseif($WebApplicationURL.StartsWith("https://"))
  70:  {
  71:  $HostHeader = $WebApplicationURL.Substring(8)
  72:  $HTTPPort = "443"
  73:  }
  74:  Write-Progress -Activity "Creating Web Application" -Status "Application Pool $ApplicationPoolDisplayName Already Exists, Using Existing Application Pool"
  75:  #Grab the existing application pool, assign it to the AppPool variable
  76:  Set-Variable -Name AppPool -Value (Get-SPServiceApplicationPool $ApplicationPoolDisplayName) -scope "script"
  77:  Write-Progress -Activity "Creating Web Application" -Status "Creating Web Application $WebapplicationURL"
  78:  #Create a new web application using the existing parameters, assign it to the WebApp variable such that object cache user accounts can be configured
  79:  $WebApp = New-SPWebApplication -ApplicationPool $ApplicationPoolDisplayName -Name $WebApplicationName -url $WebApplicationURL -port $HTTPPort -DatabaseName $ContentDatabase -HostHeader $hostHeader
  80:  Write-Progress -Activity "Creating Web Application" -Status "Configuring Object Cache Accounts"
  81:  #Assign Object Cache Accounts
  82:  $WebApp.Properties["portalsuperuseraccount"] = $PortalSuperUser
  83:  $WebApp.Properties["portalsuperreaderaccount"] = $PortalSuperReader
  84:  Write-Progress -Activity "Creating Web Application" -Status "Creating Object Cache User Policies for Web Application"
  85:  #Create a New Policy for the Super User
  86:  $SuperUserPolicy = $WebApp.Policies.Add($PortalSuperUser, "Portal Super User Account")
  87:  #Assign Full Control To the Super User
  88:  $SuperUserPolicy.PolicyRoleBindings.Add($WebApp.PolicyRoles.GetSpecialRole([Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPPolicyRoleType]::FullControl))
  89:  #Create a New Policy for the Super Reader
  90:  $SuperReaderPolicy = $WebApp.Policies.Add($PortalSuperReader, "Portal Super Reader Account")
  91:  #Assign Full Read to the Super Reader
  92:  $SuperReaderPolicy.PolicyRoleBindings.Add($WebApp.PolicyRoles.GetSpecialRole([Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPPolicyRoleType]::FullRead))
  93:  Write-Progress -Activity "Creating Web Application" -Status "Updating Web Application Properties"
  94:  #Commit changes to the web application
  95:  $WebApp.update()
  96:  }
  97:  else
  98:  {
  99:  Write-Progress -Activity "Creating Web Application" -Status "Creating Application Pool"
 100:  #Since we have to create a new application pool, check to see if the account specified is already a managed account
 101:  if(get-spmanagedaccount $ApplicationPoolIdentity)
 102:  {
 103:  #If the specified account is already a managed account, use that account when creating a new application pool
 104:  Set-Variable -Name AppPoolManagedAccount -Value (Get-SPManagedAccount $ApplicationPoolIdentity | select username) -scope "Script"
 105:  Set-Variable -Name AppPool -Value (New-SPServiceApplicationPool -Name $ApplicationPoolDisplayName -Account $ApplicationPoolIdentity) -scope "Script"
 106:  }
 107:  else
 108:  {
 109:  #If the specified account is not already a managd account create a managed account using the credentials provided
 110:  $AppPoolCredentials = New-Object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential $ApplicationPoolIdentity, (ConvertTo-SecureString $ApplicationPoolPassword -AsPlainText -Force)
 111:  Set-Variable -Name AppPoolManagedAccount -Value (New-SPManagedAccount -Credential $AppPoolCredentials) -scope "Script"
 112:  #Create an application pool using the new managed account
 113:  Set-Variable -Name AppPool -Value (New-SPServiceApplicationPool -Name $ApplicationPoolDisplayName -Account (get-spmanagedaccount $ApplicationPoolIdentity)) -scope "Script"
 114:  }
 115:  #Check to see if the URL starts with HTTP or HTTPS. This can be used to determine the appropriate host header to assign
 116:  if($WebApplicationURL.StartsWith("http://"))
 117:  {
 118:  $HostHeader = $WebApplicationURL.Substring(7)
 119:  $HTTPPort = "80"
 120:  }
 121:  elseif($WebApplicationURL.StartsWith("https://"))
 122:  {
 123:  $HostHeader = $WebApplicationURL.Substring(8)
 124:  $HTTPPort = "443"
 125:  }
 126:  Write-Progress -Activity "Creating Web Application" -Status "Creating Web Application $WebapplicationURL"
 127:  #Create a new web application using the existing parameters, assign it to the WebApp variable such that object cache user accounts can be configured
 128:  $WebApp = New-SPWebApplication -ApplicationPool $AppPool.Name -ApplicationPoolAccount $AppPoolManagedAccount.Username -Name $WebApplicationName -url $WebApplicationURL -port $HTTPPort -DatabaseName $ContentDatabase -HostHeader $hostHeader
 129:  Write-Progress -Activity "Creating Web Application" -Status "Configuring Object Cache Accounts"
 130:  #Assign Object Cache Accounts
 131:  $WebApp.Properties["portalsuperuseraccount"] = $PortalSuperUser
 132:  $WebApp.Properties["portalsuperreaderaccount"] = $PortalSuperReader
 133:  Write-Progress -Activity "Creating Web Application" -Status "Creating Object Cache User Policies for Web Application"
 134:  #Create a New Policy for the Super User
 135:  $SuperUserPolicy = $WebApp.Policies.Add($PortalSuperUser, "Portal Super User Account")
 136:  #Assign Full Control To the Super User
 137:  $SuperUserPolicy.PolicyRoleBindings.Add($WebApp.PolicyRoles.GetSpecialRole([Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPPolicyRoleType]::FullControl))
 138:  #Create a New Policy for the Super Reader
 139:  $SuperReaderPolicy = $WebApp.Policies.Add($PortalSuperReader, "Portal Super Reader Account")
 140:  #ASsign Full Read to the Super Reader
 141:  $SuperReaderPolicy.PolicyRoleBindings.Add($WebApp.PolicyRoles.GetSpecialRole([Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPPolicyRoleType]::FullRead))
 142:  Write-Progress -Activity "Creating Web Application" -Status "Updating Web Application Properties"
 143:  #Commit changes to the web application
 144:  $WebApp.update()
 145:  }
 146:  }

.csharpcode, .csharpcode pre { font-size: small; color: black; font-family: consolas, "Courier New", courier, monospace; background-color: #ffffff; /*white-space: pre;*/ } .csharpcode pre { margin: 0em; } .csharpcode .rem { color: #008000; } .csharpcode .kwrd { color: #0000ff; } .csharpcode .str { color: #006080; } .csharpcode .op { color: #0000c0; } .csharpcode .preproc { color: #cc6633; } .csharpcode .asp { background-color: #ffff00; } .csharpcode .html { color: #800000; } .csharpcode .attr { color: #ff0000; } .csharpcode .alt { background-color: #f4f4f4; width: 100%; margin: 0em; } .csharpcode .lnum { color: #606060; }
I save the file with the filename CreateWebApplication.ps1.
I right-clicked on the Windows PowerShell icon on the taskbar and clicked on Run ISE as Administrator.
clip_image131
The Administrator: Windows PowerShell ISE window opens. I click on File \ Open
clip_image133
I click on the CreateWebApplication.ps1 file and click Open. The script opens in the workspace.
clip_image135
I click on the Run Script icon.
clip_image137
The script ran with a single warning displayed.
clip_image139
I validate that the web application was created by opening the Central Administration web page and clicking on Manage web applications in the Web Applications section. You should see the new web application listed by name.
clip_image141
I select the Contoso Web Application and click on User Policy. The Policy for Web Application screen is displayed. I review the displayed accounts and permissions. I click OK to close the screen.
clip_image142
I will validate that the database for the web application was created by opening the Central Administration web page and clicking on Manage content databases in the Databases section. You should see the new database listed by name.
clip_image144
I also check that the database is created in SQL Server Management Studio on my SQL Server.
image


























































































































































































































































































You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Wikipedia

Search results